Accuracy of Tado

Options
I’m really live my Tado system but I’m really struggling to understand the accuracy of it. I have no doubt that it balances the temps of my rads to what I have set - when I want.

But on the other side of the coin it’s telling me that of my £308.44 gas bill last month - only £22.14 was for heating! My smart meter tells me I used 2897kWh for December and I realise that this will include the gas hob and also that of the £308, £8.40 will have been standing charge. I also have the hot water on for 20 mins in the morning and 15 mins at night.

What’s going wrong here? Is my tariff input £0.103 incorrect? Just not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if it really is pointless unless measuring the tado info against the tado info of the previous year???

Help appreciated

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I would get something like the loop app if you want to see an accurate reading. I’ve never got anything close to accurate with energy iq.
  • royi
    Options

I'm getting to the point that the Energy IQ is useless and I'm not sure why I've subscribed. Maybe tado might surprise us and provide accurate figures.

• davidlyall
    Options

I struggle to see how Tado can give accurate figures when it doesn't know the size/output of radiators or the KWh rating of the boiler. Seems to me it's just guess work from their side

BTW, you'll be better off running your HW once a day for the same amount of time instead of twice as each time it runs, it's potentially got to heat the circulating water from cold each time. It's like doing short journeys from cold in your car

• royi
    royi ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

Out of curiosity I've checked my British Gas app and compared the price with Energy IQ. It's working as it should. I'm surprised. See Screenshots. Sorry pic too big

• Yeah - mine is nothing like that. It’s so far off it’s untrue. I think I see the problem.

I have a 3000sqft 5 bedroom house - above ‘average size’ for average use calculations. I believe that the average kWh usage for gas per home in UK is 12,000kWh - but Tado is saying that even in December - I only used 225kWH??!!

There is. Major mismatch here - help appreciated. So far this month my bill is about £160 for gas, but Tado says only 97kWh….. predicting a £19 bill for the month.

Dp