How do wired thermostat and Tvr work together

I have a wired thermostat and was thinking of getting the radiator valves to go in other rooms.
My question is, if the wired thermostat is not calling for heat as in off but the radiator valve want heat does the boiler come on and just heat that room. Or does the room thermostat have to be calling for heat for the radiator to get heat?
Hope that makes sense

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    The Tado trvs can call for heat. Any room with radiators without trvs will also get heated though.
  • I don't have Tado at the moment currently using a Hive which I am swapping to Tado (EU version as I want ebus connection to my Vaillant boiler also will be adding TRV's I believe the thermostat or TRV's can call for heat.

Which ever TRV calls for heat that room will warm up only not all the radiators each TRV will have its own temperature for that room basically turns into a zoned system.

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    @vmguru that’s not quite right. No matter how many devices are inside, each room has one measuring device, either one trv or thermostat, that gives the temperature for the room and calls for heat. That’s what sets the room temperature.