Big trouble for me

i am not sure i am set up properly i have 7 trvs and a thermostat. The trvs seem to be functioning correctly through the app although i cannot no matter what i do get alexa to find them. The thermostat is meant to function my kitchen rad as it doesn't have a trv that is suitable for the tado swap however i am not sure the thermostat is actually doing anything and this is the only device aleaxa has discovered although she says it is unresponsive. I think I am in a spot of trouble please can someone help

Answers

• Possibly a silly question but have you added the Tado skillset to Alexa?

• yes i did but when it says add devices it only offers thermostat and seems to find one device too

• i appreciate any help thank you. Ideally i want the trvs ( multiple devices ) to be found not just one device. Perhaps is this because i am selecting thermostat? What would be an alternative as there does not seem to be any?

• Re-check the Tado skill and the Tado login/password you gave to Alexa. Alexa doesn't physically scan your home for devices. It just uses your account details to login to the Tado cloud servers and asks what devices are in the home.

• WillYZF
    WillYZF
    edited January 2023

A further thought:

Have should set up the other TRV's in the Tado App, to independantly control the temperature in those other rooms in which they are fitted? If not Alexa may only see "controlling" devices - The thermostat in your case.

The weird thing is you say Alexa reports the thermostat as "unresponsive" despite correctly identifying it.

Do whats mentioned in the previous post.

Sorry if I sound vague but I only have a Tado thermostat fitted, with 14 year old thermostatic valves throughout the house which are stuck open!

If I am honest, i do use Alexa for other functions but find it easier to open the Tado App on my phone for any heating related changes.

• Thank you this was complete user error and I had used a different sign in. As soon as i used the correct sign in as you suggested everything was found. Thank you all again for your help finally I have control. Have a great weekend.

• Very pleased its sorted, praise to grilledcheese2.