Bridging wired thermostat v/s wireless receiver

Hi all,

I have a v3 kit with a wired smart thermostat and wireless receiver. I also have smart radiator thermostats installed.

Since the installation only the wired thermostat can call for heat. The Trvs cannot, they just shut off when they reach the desired temperature (providing the wired thermostat is calling for heat). It seems that the engineer must have just reconnected the wired thermostat in the same way as the old device that it replaced, rather than configure the system correctly.

I've spoken to tado and rechecked the installation instructions and understand that the wiring to the smart thermostat must be bridged, in order to close the circuit and give the wireless receiver full control of the system. This will then mean that the Trvs can call for heat independently and the wired Smart thermostat will be converted to be a wireless thermostat.

All that makes sense, but I would rather not have live wiring running through the walls and to behind the smart thermostat if it is not necessary, and would prefer to do the bridging at the wireless receiver.

Can it be done this way and, if yes, how?

Thank you all in advance

Comments