Upgrading Wireless Receiver to Digital Model

Options

I have an existing Tado setup, with SRVs on the radiators and a wireless receiver (UK model). Everything works fine. The boiler has just been replaced and I want to take advantage of the digital control. I have ordered a new wireless receiver from the Tado Pro site.

When it arrives, how do I go about swapping them over? Do I just remove the old one in the app and add the new one? Or add then remove? Or do I need to set the whole thing up again?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    You should be able to add it in settings > rooms and devices. You can click the three dots in the top right hand corner for your old device and click ‘remove device from home’
  • gary333
    gary333 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Bear in mind relay and digital controls would use different connections in the boiler. Many boilers do not have easy or even allowable if you wanted to do yourself.
  • @johnnyp78 Thanks. Sounds fairly straightforward to do.

@gary333 I know it has the connections as I made sure the installer ordered one that supported digital control, and I've seen them earlier today when he put it in. I realise I need to change the wiring, put a bridge link in and also select the correct digital mode in Tado.