Tado wireless receiver dead?

Options
Woke up this morning and boiler/underfloor heating circuit was dead. Seems during the night the 3Amp circuit fuse had blown.
Replaced fuse and boiler/underfloor heating now working. But Tado Wireless receiver seems dead, no illuminated LED. My radiators cannot be turned on.

Does anyone know if there is any internal fuse within the Receiver? Or do I have to replace the receiver with one of the new ones with multiple buttons?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    As far as I know there’s no fuse. If there’s no response you might have blown the circuit board. I would recommend installing a circuit breaker if you don’t already have one.

• Thats the strange thing, none of the MCBs tripped. But the fuse blew. I don't know what effect the outside underground fault would have had on my house electrics. The electricity board were puzzled as their drawing had me on the same supply as my neighbours. As its 3 phase outside, they postulated my house was on a different phase.

Its been 35yr since I studied Power electronics, and don't know if what they said has any substance. My house is also at end of the cable run.

When I removed the from plate of the Tadocontroller, just near where the orange configuration jumper is, I can see some charing along the edge of the plastic join.

I would have to destroy the front plate casing to get a look inside, which I may do once I get this new evil wireless receiver to work properly. Its a nightmare, different form/fit/function. I have now replaced the internet bridge with a new one form the latest starter pack I bought, its transferred all the tado components to it. I have managed to get the receiver to command the radiator cicuit to come on, but it now wont go off, so boiler on all the time.

At least the house is warming up again, but this repalcement is not as straightforward as it should be.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    As far as I’m aware there’s only one model of the wireless receiver (but two versions). Are you replacing the uk version with the eu version? If it’s relay connection it should be a like for like replacement.