Offline installation instructions — wired thermostat

Options

Hi, I am trying to install a wired thermostate, the old one is a Honeywell CM907. I need all the instructions offline because when I turn off the power, the WiFi goes and I can no longer access the bridge, and therefore instructions, via the app.

I tried the chat but it's a hopeless robot, I'm afraid.

Can I download the instructions somewhere? When I installed the one in my home some years ago I had a printed version I think. Or can I use the hotspot on my iPhone? Or do I need to take screenshots for every one of the instruction windows?

Thanks, it's pretty frustrating.

Comments

• sbrindolona
    edited January 2023
    Options

Thanks for your message. I saw that, it's the printed version that comes with the device, right? Says it's for professionals—was hoping for the same as what would appear in the app install instructions. I can probably figure it out from there. Not sure if I can find a professional who's familiar with Tado in my area.

Do I need WiFi to install a wired thermostat until the power is back on?

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    The bridge needs to be connected to the Internet-connected router to download the configuration to the wired thermostat once it’s wired in. You don’t need wifi at all.

Even though the manual says it’s for professionals, if you look at it you might find it’s quite helpful for non professionals too.
  • Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, I didn’t see your edited reply, just the earlier one.

Johnny has covered it.

It does sound like you are making a meal of it. You should be able to isolate the power to the boiler without turning off the whole home.

The old stat looks like a battery-powered one and it’s probably only got two wires connected to it to fire up the boiler.

Maybe you should go through it on here beforehand to make sure you are comfortable with the plan. You can upload pics.