Multiple Room Stats

Options
Hi,

I have a main room stat downstairs, which is in a "room" with 2 other radiators which have SRTs. This then obviously acts as I one room as far as heating goes.

Upstairs I have 4 radiators with SRTs in 4 separate rooms. I have been thinking of getting another room stat for all of upstairs but not sure how it would work in practice; it sounds good if upstairs is cold and I want it all warmed up, but then that would mean I'd lose individual room control. Whereas it works downstairs since it's all open plan.

Has anyone else done this?

Thanks

Answers

• ldoodle
    ldoodle
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Actually, is this what the Wireless Temperature Sensor is for? And could I replace the existing room stat with one also?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    I don’t see why you would want to do this, for exactly the reasons you’ve stated, but if you do, for whatever reason, create a single room for upstairs, put all your Tado trvs in it and either make one of them the measuring device or add a wireless temperature sensor.
  • ldoodle
    Options
    Yeah it's really for an upstairs/downstairs zoning setup. I'd put the sensor in the landing area rather than in a physical room.