EU wireless receiver Opentherm not working

Options
Just replaced my UK wireless receiver with EU version to get Opentherm... all wired as per boiler and Tado instructions and all looking OK on the Tado app, however when Tado called for heat the boiler didn't fire up!
After much "googling" and head scratching I finally contacted Tado support (who were quick to respond btw) and problem solved !!!
The EU wireless receiver settings were set to Relay switching at their end and needed to be reset to Opentherm.
So, if your "call for heat" light is solid the receiver is configured as Relay, if it slowly pulses it is configured as Opentherm.

Comments

• stevieg1
    Options
    Useful to know, thanks for sharing
  • rwb3xb
    Options

Resetting to Opentherm at their end?

Is this something that we can do from the app, or can only Tado make this change?

• kevmcc
    kevmcc
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi... tado support didn't give me any indication that I could change the settings. There is no documentation provided with the EU receiver and only 1 button which is used to pair it with the bridge. However I didn't get to the end of the installation instructions as whatever I tried they kept saying "installation suspended" (although it was connected and working - as Relay) so maybe the option is in there somewhere. The app does not provide any options so once installed changing from Relay to Opentherm or vice versa does not seem possible without contacting Tado support.
  • Montage
    Options

I'd have thought the Pro App could do it.

• kevmcc
    Options
    didn't know there was a Pro App... just had a look and it does recognise the receiver is using Opentherm, also there is a Relay section with a Configure option but I didn't "test" it as my system is working OK... so maybe you're right and the Pro App can do it.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    The pro app can do it, though best to check with Tado support if you’re unsure.