New starter advice please

Options
Hi all. New to all this and decided on Tado. Question is do i go for a thermostat starter kit and ad the radiator valves as I go and cn afford or do I go for radiator starter kit and add thermostat later?
Mainly looking for front room control at this time and then adding other rooms as I go. (Will leave one radiator un regulated)

Just after others opinions how they started when on a budget.
Regards

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    Options
    If smart radiator valves are important to you, then I'd suggest buying the radiator valves first and evaluating their performance in your home. Some people have no problems and others find the valves to be too much trouble. The performance of the valves in terms of measuring and controlling the radiator temperature can vary. How/where the valves are mounted and how hot the radiators get will affect performance. There's also the issue of distance between the bridge/hub and valves affecting how reliably the valves operate.

One drawback of having only the valves is they won't be able to call for heat from your original thermostat. However, installing and removing the valves is easy to do, so you won't have to go to too much effort to evaluate the performance in your home.
  • wateroakley
    Options
    From our experience in two family homes, the wireless starter kit gives flexibility for a combi or system boiler with rads. Adding Tado TRVs is (usually) easy, you could start with a few and add more as your budget allows. Look around for offers from regular sales channels eg Screwfix or BT shop.
  • Benny4200
    Options
    New to this, can't find any assistance onbhow to add a room
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Settings > rooms and devices > click on device > move to another room > there should be a new room option at the bottom