Tado keeps resetting to 5C overnight

Options
My Tado keeps setting the temperature to 5C overnight.
This is used for a disabled parent after a stroke and she cannot get up to adjust so would really like to know how I can fix this.
Could it beow battery, even though I have no warning, or internet connection dropping out?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    What’s the schedule set to? Do you have HomeKit or Alexa connected?
  • JPW
    Options
    Has Alexa connected and schedule for the week is:
    00:00-07:30 17C
    07:30-21:00 21C
    21:00-00:00 17C
  • cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options

@JPW if Alexa is being used to turn something off (a light for example) it's sometimes possible, depending on how accurate the command is, for it also to be interpreted as an off command for other devices - e.g tado. Off for tado, is the 5 degree frost protection setting which I believe is what you're seeing.

Tado treats commands from a smart assistant as a "manual control" event.

A good thing to do would be go to the room graph in the tado app and long press on the graph and drag around - you should be able to locate exactly when the manual event was triggered (a little hand symbol will show up as well as the target temperature changing to 5 degrees). The time it occurred can often help diagnose what Alexa command or schedule triggered it, and you can then modify the command to not interfere with tado.

• wateroakley
    Options

IIRC Alexa is treated as a manual control event by Tado. Have you checked the room settings for what it does for manual control events ?

Settings / rooms and devices / ‘room name / manual control / until next automatic change OR timer OR until ended by user

• JPW
    Options
    Thanks @cbd20 it looked like my Mum asked Alexa to turn up to 5C early today!!!