Constant problems with Tado

Options

I posted about my wireless receiver not communicating with the app before. I was advised to move the bridge which I have done following all the instructions given on the troubleshooting. The bridge is away from the router and not against a wall or between furniture. My taco devices are more than 3 metres apart. This morning I woke up to the App saying offline again and no heating on. I pushed up the temperature on the thermostat to 25 degrees. The bridge said connected although the flashing pair light had stopped flashing and was off altogether despite me reading that it should be a solid light. I never get a solid light. I put the bridge to pair again, pressed the button on the wireless receiver to restart. The App then started working but the wireless receiver did not start the heating going. I tried restarting the bridge a few times and the wireless receiver to no avail and finally started the heating by pressing the heating button manually on the wireless receiver. Now hours later I restarted the wireless receiver and suddenly it worked and turned the heating on. What exactly is going on? I've had this Tado thing for less than 2 weeks and had so much trouble with it, I am considering having it removed and the old programmer put back. I tried phoning Tado which is impossible and then tried their chat which is a useless bot. I made the mistake of entering my email address wrong on the chat and when I tried to edit it it won't let me. Even if I close the chat and start again it remembers the wrong email address and doesn't allow me to change it. Completely useless. 😡

Comments

• BOG73
    Options
    I use Tado for 1 year and still got issues. Never had issues with connectivity between devices,internet speed is good in my country,used to live in the UK where internet speed is not so good for devices like tado. To be honest,wanted to invest more in tado(radiator valves) but seeing how much issues they have,I gave up to upgrade further. Waiting for a better product from Tado,maibe a V4+ to be better….what it is now is problematic and does not save nothing unless you close the heat. Is that a feature to pay ££££ loads for this product?! Very smart indeed or us,as humans,are too lazy!
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Internet speed doesn’t make any difference to Tado due to the relatively small amounts of data transmitted to the servers. It certainly seems like a lot of frustration could have been avoided if they’d planned a way to extend the bridge’s signal from the beginning though.
  • App now saying offline once again. I’ve tried everything in troubleshooting. Nothing works. I’ve even got the bridge upright which wasn’t easy considering the cables plug into it on the bottom. It really is a useless design. On Saturday when this happened I had to delete the devices from the app and add them again which is a pain in the neck. Can’t be doing that every few days. Only other thing is maybe I have a faulty Tado? I got it free from Ovo to help reduce energy bills but obviously had to pay a gas engineer to install it. Might phone Ovo tomorrow.
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    In my opinion.... tado° in its current form is performing a bit like the "Dodo"
    There appears to be absolutely no interest in realistic improvements for this generation of tado devices.
    New users are reporting the same faults with their systems as longer term tado° users have been for years and have been unable to get any further improvements from tado°
    Maybe tado° are concentrating on the next generation of tado devices....but, I for one, am not holding out any hope of a sufficiently improved product being released any time soon.
  • Finally managed to chat to an actual person from Tado rather than a bot. So the bridge was around 13 metres from the wireless receiver as was the router. The internet connection in the boiler room was weak so I was advised to get a wifi extender to move the bridge closer to the boiler room and
    wireless receiver. The internet connection is now much stronger there and the wireless receiver is now online and working. Fingers crossed it keeps working but the problem seems to be solved.
  • srichards
    Options

The netatmo one looks quite good. I wonder if their radiator thermostats have the same failings as the Tado ones?

• BOG73
    Options
    The only issue with Netatmo radiator valves I have heard is they are a bit noisy comparing with Tado’s at the regulating motor but no connection issues. And maibe the Tado SRT look a bit better,at a glance.