What is the rated range of the Tado Internet Bridge from other devices?

Options

I need to know the range of the Tado Internet Bridge with respect to communicating with other Tado devices.

Yes I am aware that this is effected by the construction of the house and the placement of walls, metal objects and other radio devices, but I need an indication of the expected range is for an average house of brick wall construction with up to 2 intervening walls between the internet bridge and other devices.

My house is an 18m x 18m single bungalow with loft, so some devices will be up to 17-20m away from the internet bridge. I need to know if this sort of range is achievable with Tado.

Answers

• Montage
    Options

In theory, yes. But you'll see on here people do have disconnect problems.

You'll need to try it in your environment. If you avoid using SRTs you'll probably improve your chances a bit.

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

If it's possible to move the bridge to the centre of the property then I'm pretty sure you won't have any problems. With a bridge on one side and a radiator valve on the opposite side there may be problems. I previously read that someone with a large bungalow resolved their connection issues by putting the bridge in the loft; ceilings are thinner than walls.

• Thanks for your replies. Set up the furthest SRT OK. Will see how it behaves over the next few days. Then I’ll try moving the Bridge out of sight into the loft.