Random times throughout the day the heating light on the reciever switches on.

Options
pp09aal
pp09aal
edited February 2023 in General Questions & Topics
Im new to tado, my builder has set up the wireless receiver to my combi builber and I set up the bridge/ thermostat and 8 STV around the house.

When it works its great, but at the moment random times throughout the day the light on the heater appears on the receiver which basically turns the boiler off. I don’t know what is triggering this. If I was change the heating, I could hear the valves turn but no of course the radiators wouldnt turn on.

I have a large living room with 2 STV and the thermostat, initially I had the thermostat to say it was in in the living on the app but almost instantly it would turn off. Now i say its in another room, works for a whole 8 hours before the mentioned problem kicks in.

Any help, or advice is more then welcome.

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

It sounds like your system is not properly configured. You should have the 2 STV and wall thermostat grouped in a single room in the app. The wall thermostat assigned as the temperature sensor for the room. Your wireless receiver should be the zone controller for all devices that need to call for heat from the boiler.