Smart scheduler switches to "off" at the end of each time block

Options

I'm having all sorts of problems with the Smart Scheduler. In particular it switches to "off" at the end of each time block rather than do what has been programmed. I have a very simple arrangement, no geofencing or anything like that. Any ideas?

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

Colour me confused! What are you expecting it to do. A time block is a period during which heating is switched on therefore, it follows what you are getting is exactly what should happen!

• milesmike
    Options

I have set it up to heat to 18C until 4:00 am and then 21C. What actually happens at 4:00 am is that it switches to OFF mode, and the boiler shuts down. If I push the "return to schedule" it stays OFF.

• GrayDav4276
    Options

@milesmike

I think that you need to re-assess exactly how you have your devices and App schedules set up.......it really sounds like you've got some sort of "conflict" going on.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@milesmike You said I have set it up to heat to 18C until 4:00 am and then 21C. BUT you said earlier that it switches off at the end of each time block. You appear not to have the 21c as part of your time block if the block finishes at 4 am. If you need a change of temperature in a continuous time block then you need 2 time blocks with the different temps with no gaps between them or a small gap should you wish.

• Montage
    Options

Might be useful to add a screen grab.

• milesmike
    Options

Here are screenshots taken before and after the end of one block and the start of another. At 11:45 the target temperature should have increased to 25.0 but it didn't, it stayed at 19.5.

(In my earlier posts I said that when it reached a new time block it switched to off mode, but that does not seem to be happening today.)

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Do you have a schedule set in HomeKit or Alexa as well?
  • milesmike
    Options

No, my setup is as simple as it can be.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@milesmike If you manually change to 25c during the middle period what happens at 1600 hrs ?

• milesmike
    Options

I just tried that - it changed the temperature immediately.

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options

@milesmike in your example above you noted that the schedule didn't change at 11:45, and you took your screenshot at 11:47. Did you wait any longer to see if it did actually then change by itself? It's not completely uncommon for their to be a short delay in a schedule switch over. So a couple of minutes late I wouldn't say was completely wild.