Interaction wired thermostat and smart radiator thermostat

Options
I have a wired thermostat that works ok and I have now added a two smart radiator thermostats which also appear to be ok, they are in a single zone controller which is the wired thermostat. Question is the wired thermostats (WT) has time blocks 05:00 to 09:00 can the time blocks for radiator thermostat (RT) if set for say 07:00 to 10:00 override the WT time blocks ? Ideally I would like all RT to have same time blocks as WT which I can do manually, is there an automatic process? Guess the flaw with RT is that if it overrides the WT then radiators that do not have RT fitted will have heat delivered to them, not a good idea. If anyone has any suggestions on best way to set the system up that would be great 😊

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    That’s not how Tado works. You create rooms and then put devices in them. One device in the room will be the measuring device, which will call for heat from the boiler (via a wireless receiver or wired thermostat). You’re correct that radiators that aren’t fitted with Tado trvs will heat up when any room calls for heat.
  • Daveb222
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, so basically everything is working independently with its own schedule and temperature setting and any device can call for heat ?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    No, that’s the opposite of what I’m saying. Rooms have their own schedule and temperature settings, devices don’t. Whichever device in a room is set to be the measuring device is the only device in that room that can call for heat.
  • Daveb222
    Options
    Just getting my head round this, so we have a room called bedroom within this room is a TRV, this would be the measuring device and is able to call for heat based on the room (bedroom) setting, is that correct?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    That’s right. I don’t want to complicate things but the room also needs a zone controller, which is either a wireless receiver or wired thermostat linked to the boiler. If all that’s in place the measuring device in the room should be able to call for heat.
  • Daveb222
    Options
    Thanks for patience:-) as I see it challenges arise when not all your radiators have TRV’s in which case a bit of creative thinking is required. With just three TRV’s I am seeing a reduction in how much gas I’ve used by only heating the rooms as needed. Fitting new radiators throughout the house in the summer and adding the missing TRV’s to give full control next winter 🥶