Tado vs Netatmo modulating thermostat

Options
Did anyone got the new Netatmo modulating thermostat? On the paper looks ok but Tado also look ok on paper and advert’s before to buy! In reality not so smart as advertised but Netatmo claim to learn and don’t know if still a sale gimmick as Tado’s wisdom!

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I’ve got no experience of netatmo but I expect it has its own issues. No idea what you mean by Tado’s wisdom.
  • BOG73
    Options

@johnnyp78 Tado's wisdom...was just metaforic speaking regarding the Tado capacity to be a learning device...wich the seller is suggesting to have in presentation before a customer buy the product. Speaking of me,seen the product and thinking: wow,that's great! But later,my confidence gone little by little like the air escaping a leaky,shiny,colourful and nice baloon(or Tado). Maibe later will see some better improve in Tado(or a V4+). Or....maibe but not betting on this , to be bought by the Chinese,Tado can't sustain the market and recently they cancelled a merger but manged to get some millions in funding for the next year only. What I am saying is the financial politics that lead a business and the final product the customer get and in my opinion,Tado is investing more in advertising and sale maketing,then investing in the real product to be better. Any thermostat has a setting,why Tado does not have,apart of the temperature offset? Where is the hysteresis in the settings or other menu options that a cheap thermostat has( relay on/off)? Just some simple things i am referring,not the PID algorithms,though some people will want access to this too.