Hot water on combi boiler

Options
I recently had the Tado Starter Kit with Hot Water extension installed to my Alpha EcoPlus combi boiler when I was having my annual service.
The heating side works fine but I’m having issue with hot water.
I’m aware with a combi hot comes on when I turn on the tap, my issue is with the temperature.
The temperature is now a luke warm or little warmer than that at best but it is no where near as hot as it used to be.
I have turned the hot water setting on the boiler to max but the temperate hasn’t changed.
Can anyone recommend anything else I can do as the customer support hasn’t been very helpful.

Note: it has been wired as per the instructions, single relay.

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

Do you have a "Hot Water" tile in your homepage.......if so what temperature have you set in the schedule.

• Melinaajw
    Melinaajw
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @GrayDav4276 I have checked all over the app and there’s no hot water option available
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

I'm pretty sure that it's not been installed properly......you should have a "Hot Water" tile.......

• Melinaajw
    Options
    @GrayDav4276 okay thank you.
    It’s been installed under the single relay option on the installation manual as it’s a combi. Would you know what it needs to be installed as instead or shall I try Customer Support again?
    I’ve seen on here that sometimes you have to ask Tado to add the tile onto the app as it sometimes doesn’t automatically go on
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

I would try tado° support again and try to get them to actually understand your issue......'cos sometimes it's difficult to get them to realise what the problem is.

• WillYZF
    Options

I elected to fit a wired thermostat because I have a Combi. What are the benefits of fitting Tado Hot water control when the boiler acts upon demand for hot water?

• Melinaajw
    Options
    @GrayDav4276 thank you. I’ll try them again. Hopefully they understand completely this time.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

Fingers crossed......🤞

• johnnyp78
    Options
    @Melinaajw if you have a combi with Tado installed on relay you won’t get a hot water control. Tado will also have no influence on the hot water setting, it will be controlled by your boiler. Check your boiler manual.

@WillYZF if you’re using a wired thermostat there won’t be any control of the hot water unless it’s a digital connection, in which case on an Opentherm connection you should be able to set the hot water temp. Not sure if this happens on an ebus connection too.
  • WillYZF
    WillYZF
    edited February 2023
    Options

@johnnyp78, it was never my intention to have any control over hot water via Tado. Hence my earlier comment.

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @WillYZF
    The "benefit" for me was that I could have the "Hot Water" set at 38°C during the day for washing dishes and hand/face washing......and not waste extra gas by over heating the water and adding cold water to cool it back down.
    I then use an Alexa voice command routine to increase the temperature for "bathtime"