Loss of Internet

Options

I know this has been mentioned before, but last night the internet went down, and this morning I awoke to a nice warm lounge. The current settings were maintained. I do not know if there is any firmware in the controller to carry on the pre programmed schedules in the event of an internet outage, but in my opinion there should be. Yes I know the valves can be controlled manually, but not when I am asleep!!

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    Options

I'm pretty sure that many users have brought this to tado°s attention.........nothing appears to get through tado°s thick skin.

• Mudmouse
    Options

@dws1900 are you saying that: 1. the thermostat was controlling the temperature or 2. the heating just stayed on in the position it was in when the internet went down.

As far as I am aware the system cannot change any setting and thus control the temperature unless you have an active internet connection.

• dws1900
    Options

@Mudmouse

Response 2

Normally the lounge heating shuts down at 22:00, in this instance, where the internet went down prior to 22:00 it carried on heating the lounge.

• royi
    Options

@dws1900 That is the disadvantage of tado. I thought I did all my research, but I was wrong. If I know this from the beginning I would have went with Hive, as this backup schedule is critical in the situation you mentioned and especially the cost is increasing.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

I am really feeling the 'benefit' at the moment!! OpenReach in their wisdom have made a horlicks of my change from one broadband provider to another and have been days already without connection and am expected to wait till the weekend before it's working! I'm OK with mifi units but without a hub with an ethernet connection to the web it means arising at sparrow-fart minus every day to manually turn on the rads. Brilliant system!!