tado and Viessman integration issues

Options

Hello all,

I have an installation of both a wired thermostat and wireless extension thermostat mated to a Viessman v100 boiler. My home has two heating zones plus hot water all controlled by Tado.

The issue that im am having is that i can only activate one of the heating zones when the hot water is activated. I can see the command sent from the Tado to the Boiler however, it seems that the valve of the zone will only open if i also activate heating of the water.

Im trying to understand where the root cause might be is it the boiler or the Tado?

Many thanks in advance

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Sounds like the zone controllers aren’t set properly or it’s a wiring issue.
  • wrsf
    Options

thanks for responding so fast, would that be on the boiler or something i can do within Tado?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    If it’s zone controllers you will probably need to involve Tado support, if it’s wiring you might be able to do it yourself.
  • wrsf
    Options

So this is my setup, tado support are not as helpful as i had hoped

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Which devices are connected to your zone valves?
  • wrsf
    Options

So the Smart Thermostat RU0065802240 is connected to ground floor zone valves & Smart Thermostat RU4111930112 the zone that controls the second zone. what seems to happen is that depending on how we wire the extension unit i.e. swap the thermostat to zone mapping one zone will only work if the hot water is also turned on. its odd as we had a previous system in that was able to use the same wiring but worked as expected. ive had had electricians look at it and claim its the tado, i have had the heating people look at it and claim its the wiring. Im having to resort to buying smart radiator thermostats for each radiator to see if i can as a last resort have a single zone controlled by radiator thermostats. id rather not do that as its expensive will need 9 more and i have already paid enough for what i have.