Why is one smart radiator controlling the whole house?

Options
I’ve got a whole house system with a wall attached central thermostat which worked well. But then we had some work done and one of the rooms became one we used much more and also significantly colder. I bought a smart radiator valve with the idea of heating that room only. But it turns on the whole house. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    If you only have one Tado trv, all your other radiators will come on when it calls for heat.
  • Dan_rs
    Options

I think you’ve got a bit of a misunderstanding of how the radiator valves work. Think of them as “off” switches rather than “on” switches. They will stop a room being heated once that room is at temperature. A single radiator valve has no way of stopping other rooms from being heated.

If you’re happy with your house being heated as a whole, and your other radiators have standard thermostatic valves, then you can adjust all of the other radiators to turn off once they’re at temperature while the cold room can keep heating. But at this point you’re just using the valve as an additional thermostat and might have better luck with just another Tado thermostat for the cold room.

• Mr105
    Options
    Thanks for that. I though it was user error