Nest UFH Tado Rads ?

Options
Hi
I’ve got a Worcester system boiler currently connected via a Honeywell junction box to 3 Honeywell diverter valves 1 for UFH, 1 for rads and 1 for HW
Currently I have a nest heatlink / wireless thermostat to control the rads and a nest heatlink / wired thermostat which controls the UFH and hot water

Can I replace the radiator nest heatlink
with a tado wireless receiver so the tado valves on the rads can call for heat and leave the other nest alone and controlling the UFH/ HW
If not possible I’d be very grateful if could you explain why that wouldn’t work so I can explain it to my husband too !
Thanks very much !!

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I think you should be able to if you wire the wireless receiver in like you would for a combi boiler. It’s worth checking with Tado support to see if they’ll give you customised instructions.
  • Hil79
    Options
    Thank you - I asked them and they said it wasn’t possible to have 2 different means of controlling the boiler but I just can’t get my head around why it wouldn’t work in my set up but appreciate I have a very simplistic understanding of what’s going on !!
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Thinking about it, there would be a conflict with the nest calling for heat from the UFH. You could just use Tado trvs without linking anything to the boiler and let the nest control when it, or you could try using Tado for both ufh and rads.
  • Hil79
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks - do the two nests I currently have ‘talk’ to each other to prevent a conflict then or something ?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    No idea but I would guess yes, that’s also how tado works.
  • Hil79
    Options
    Thank you very much !