Existing Tado Installation - now suddenly Heating not working?

Options

Hi All,

My set up is a Vaillant EcoTEC Plus 424 Boiler (Water tank in attic and cylinder in airing cupboard). Gravity Fed system. I installed a wired receiver (below boiler), wireless thermostat (in hallway) and 10 x smart TRV's (note: i also have approx. 6 non smart TRV's on other rads in the house). I installed all this approx. 18months ago and all has been working fine....until yesterday when i got an error on my tado app saying the living room attempted to request heat and there was a problem - or similar wording.

Since then i have no heating? Hot Water works fine still. I have contacted Tado who suggested i change wiring in the receiver to "bypass" tado to identify if its a tado issue or boiler issue. I have done this as instructed and heating light has come on (on the receiver) but still the boiler isn't firing up and there is no heating.

Does this mean i have a boiler fault? Reason i ask is when i speak with my heating engineer he tells me it isn't the boiler as the hot water is coming on OK - he says it must be the tado system as the boiler just isnt receiving the signal to turn heating on.

So i'm caught between a rock and a hard place - any clever people out there who can help?

Many Thanks

Dan

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I think Tado is telling you to try turning on heating on the boiler without the Tado device connected. Have you tried that?

I’ve never heard of the tado app sending error messages but you could check if it’s saying there’s anything wrong in the care and protect square.
  • Montage
    Options

I presume it’s a pumped system with valves, like S Plan. It’s possible a motorised valve has a problem, rather than the boiler.