Incident detection did not work in Care&Protect

Options
niacob
niacob
edited February 2023 in General Questions & Topics
Hello

I’m new to Tado community (just bought my first starter kit this month), so I might miss answers on this topic.

Some days ago, I was away from home and set the Tado on Off mode. In the day of my return, I remotly set the Tado to Auto scheduling, to start heating the house for the time I’ll arrive.
The problem was that my boiler lost water pressure, so it could not start heating the house. I was expecting however to receive a notification from Care&Protect (I have active subscription), saying that the room is not heating as expected, as mentioned in the Tado Support site, but that did not happened.
Any ideea if I should set/configure something else in the app, so I can receive these type of incident notifications?

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @niacob
    I'm sorry to say that there is nothing that you can adjust in the App to help with this.
    To be perfectly honest.....I have never seen any posts in the Community Forum from users that have ever stated that the tado° Care & Protect feature has actually worked and provided a notification regarding an obvious fault condition.
    I believe that tado° Care & Protect only monitors tado° devices and not the whole Central Heating system....... This tado° feature is no more than a SALES GIMMICK..... imho
  • niacob
    Options
    Thanks for quick reply, @GrayDav4276.
    Too bad, as I believe it is quite an easy thing to check if heating is really working, as expected.
    I hope someone from Tado can take a look and fix at least this basic notification, in the next release…