Which System?

Options

Hi, We've moved into our new build home about 10 months ago and are now thinking about installing a Tado system but I'm not sure which I require. At the minute we have a Valliant ecoTEC sustain 28 VUH 286/7-2 combo boiler and a hot water tank which I'm looking to control. We have a hard wired thermostat located in our living room and one in the main bedroom controlling downstairs and upstairs heating zones. The programmer is located in our kitchen. Can someone please help as my head is melted? I'm not worried about controlling radiators at this time.

Best Answer

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No. Currently your programmer controls all three channels - hot water and two heating zones. The Tado wireless receiver is a two channel controller so will connect to one heating zone valve and hot water. The Tado smart thermostat connects to the other heating zone valve.

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    You’ll need the wireless starter kit with wireless receiver to control one heating zone and hot water, linked to a wireless temp sensor, and a wired thermostat to control the other. If you’ve got a hot water cylinder you have a system boiler, not a combi. If your existing programmer is three channel (it looks like it might be) you’ll need to rewire, Tado wireless receivers only support two channels.
  • Janty72
    Options

Thanks for the reply! My programmer controls downstairs, upstairs and hot water. Do you mean then that the programmer would need wired so as upstairs and downstairs heating are one zone and the hot water the other for it to work with Tado? The Tado would then control upstairs and downstairs heating through the wired and wireless thermostats?

• Janty72
    Options

I've found a different system which controls 3 channels and I think I'll go with it rather than having to rewire but thanks for all the help