Scheduled call for heat/boost a room

Options

Lots of us want to be able to have times when the room is either independent or can call for heat to boost an odd room. Most have noticed when allowed to call for heat sometimes radiators aren't turning on as high as when they're independent. I want the lounge warm for later in the day. If I leave it independent then it's too cold in certain weather but fine a lot of the time. If I set it on call for heat then the heating is coming on loads more and the house itself is about 0.5c warmer than it would normally be as the lounge radiator is set to come on at a lower opening when it calls for heat as to when it's independent. Being thwarted seems to make them turn up more so they actually work better.

Boost heat only works on whole house. Bit clunky.

Ways around it: manually change the room in the tado app to can call for heat every single day so if it's too cool it will ask for heat but if it's warm enough it won't. (tedious but effective) Then turn it back off later.

Can a short cut be created within ios to do this so fewer clicks? (less tedious)

Can you use automation to do the same thing but without having to mess with it at all?

Will tado have a fit when you start changing rooms between independent and call for heat setting on a daily basis?

Do something with ifttt along the lines off 'if room is less than X temp then boost all rooms until room is X temp' then manually turn back to schedule.

Anyone tried any of the above?

Comments

• srichards
    Options

So far:

Home app won't add the Tado. It just sits there unable to do it. That's using the code off the side. I'm sure the V2 did show up. It does show up in Alexa without any fuss and I don't remember doing anything to make that happen.

Shortcuts: Tado app doesn't even show up as having any. Poor.

Using boost all rooms ( then manually reducing the ones I didn't want boosted) for all of 20 minutes sent it into a spin of over heating for 40 minutes past the time I did 'resume schedule' where I expected it to turn off soon after.

Ifttt won't allow an if with and unless you are a pro as I didn't want it correcting the temperature all day, just for the early evening to give it a boost.