Have I configured my rooms and zone control correctly?

Options

Hi

Despite high expectations, my Tado installation is not working correctly and consistently.

I have sent the following request to Tado Technical, but wonder if this Community has any advice on where I’m going wrong? Your thoughts would be much appreciated while I await a response from Tado.

I can follow up with screenshots of the device set up and some example temperature charts if this would be helpful?

Many thanks

——————

My Tado system is all installed successfully: 

Starter kit V3+ with wireless thermostat

17 smart radiator thermostats

and has been set up with HOT WATER, HEATING and 13 Rooms. 

Through the app, I have tried linking 10 rooms to the zone controller (wireless receiver) with 3 rooms set independent, and I have also tried setting all rooms except HEATING with no zone controller. 

In both configurations, the system works for a couple of days, then randomly ceases to call for heat from the boiler despite showing dark bars in the app charts. This problem sometimes resets either by boosting heat to all rooms or by restarting the wireless receiver, but not consistently. 

My heating engineer has recently checked and serviced the boiler, so we wonder if I have a faulty wireless receiver?

Please help as this is driving me insane and I am considering removing the complete Tado system and requesting a refund.

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Try moving the bridge, it sounds like it’s losing connection with the wireless receiver.
  • divad
    Options

Thanks Johnny

I’m a bit limited on movement because the bridge is downstairs in the hall and the wireless receiver upstairs in the airing cupboard, but will give it a go.

Best wishes

David

• I had a similar problem and had to move the bridge away from the router to the centre of the house (long ethernet cable). I think it was the number of thick brick walls between devices that was the cause rather than the distance.

• divad
    Options

Hi Johnny & Brightside

I tried your ideas but eventually found that I was being fooled by an intermittent fault on my CH motorised valve (see my reply to Tado Support below).

Many thanks to you both for your suggestions, and to the Community for providing this forum to share advice.

Best wishes David

——————

Hi Katia

Thank you for your email. 

I didn’t have access to some of the info you requested (eg boiler spec) so I continued to investigate the problem. 

My main problem has been trying to understand whether I have configured my Tado system correctly whilst experiencing a problem that could be related to the boiler rather than the Tado kit. 

I finally decided to remove the Tado wireless receiver and revert back to my conventional Honeywell programmer in an attempt to isolate the issue. 

This action showed that the boiler problem still persisted independent of the schedule controller. 

I called my boiler guy back in and he finally found an intermittent fault with the CH motorised valve / micro switch which wasn’t apparent when he recently serviced the boiler. Replacing the valve motor now seems to have cured my problem. 

It seems that the dreaded law of coincidence has conspired to frustrate my early experience of configuring my Tado system!

I now look forward to hopefully trouble free operation of my Tado system and would be grateful if you could now close this support ticket. 

Many thanks 

David