Which adapter does this radiator need?

Options

I've been setting up the Tado system today including receiver, it all seems to work so far except for this radiator in the bathroom:

Instead of a small pin it's got a pretty big one, some of the bits that come with Tado seem to be able to handle this but I can't figure it out just by looking at them.

The Tado valve fits in the screw so I tried without any adapter but that won't do, and I'm not sure of which one to set or how.

Could anyone provide a bit of advice?

Also, the current valve's bottom to see how it looks:

Also, when I added Tado's valve I set it up as "Horitzontal" but the display was still showing as if it was in the vertical position, is that normal? I thought it could handle the horitzontal position too.

Answers

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

@Reuben the valve, a wide thick centre pin and thin mounting thread, looks like a Pegler TRV. We have two. The vertical straight trv on our dining room rad seems to work OK with the Tado SRT horizontal. The angled trv (on the rad furthest from the bridge) misbehaves, so we use the Pegler/BG manual thermostat head. You may need to replace your trv with a different make/model?

We have two horizontal SRT, they report horizontal, as set in the app.

• Reuben
    Options

Thanks, checking it again it does seem to fit without an adapter and checking the long list when using the instructions the ones that are similar to this are all set as "no adapter needed", I tried to revert to the previous valve and that one also seems to be unable to stop the flow so maybe something went wrong with it and it's now broken, I may need to change the valve, meanwhile I've cut the water going to this radiator so it doesn't overheat.

The display on the other hand seems to simply be reversed when I change it, I was expecting it to be horitzontal, not simply turn upside down, I'm not sure I see the point with that.

This is vertical:

This is "horitzontal":

Thanks anyway.

• Ramzez
    Options

Just a note Tado is not fully compatible with Pegler, I had the same valve and returned all of them. Temperature reading were very inaccurate and I believe they can't properly open/close valves and hence it was all over the place. with mine the closing was working fine, but opening not quite.