Cannot setup Apple Homekit

Options
I can’t get my iPhone to recognise my bridge QR code. I’ve tried rebooting both the bridge and phone, but it just won’t work. I’ve also tried entering manually but that doesn’t work either. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Montage
    Options

If it’s a bridge that supports it, you could try Tado support. If it really won’t work, you’d need to get a new bridge and code.

• srichards
    Options

I have the same issue. QR code doesn't work. The specific home code on the side doesn't work either. It just times out.

It's never worked for me. V3. V2 box did work I think.

Should appear ok in Alexa though. I didn't have to do anything much I don't think for it to appear in that.

• Ramzez
    Options

It's not QR code you need to scan but a number inside of the rectangular box or enter it manually for home kit.

• srichards
    srichards ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Did the manual code entry as well. Same result. You can't even choose it off any kind of list to add either.

Finally got it into the app. It needed the home kit reset button holding in on the tado internet bridge with a pencil (needs to be quite firm) until the lights all flash. Then added it with the dashed code off the side. It was finally recognised. Straight away. All devices have ended up in the wrong rooms so that's something else to sort out.

Supposedly if your ios device is on 5ghz wifi when you try and add it might won't work either. I made sure I was on the 2.4 ghz network.

Reset instructions are here. I had no idea it had a feature to reset just the homekit info. I assumed the reset button I could see would remove everything so I didn't try it until today.

https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3387334-how-can-i-reset-the-homekit-configuration-of-the-internet-bridge