Question about replacing replacing radiator valves in the living room

Options

My living room has three radiators with each having a non-thermostatic valve. (In all other rooms I have Tado smart knobs.)

In a good distance from the radiators, living room has a wall-mounted Tado smart thermostat.

In order to optimize heat regulation with Tado smart knobs, I want to replace them in the living room with thermostatic radiator knobs. I have two questions about this change.

Question 1: Single thermostatic valve for two radiators in close proximity?

Two of the radiators are mounted next to each other, with warm water supply divided with a tee. Is it a good idea to use a single thermostatic valve for both, thus use only one Tado smart knob?

Question 2: Can I configure Tado smart knobs only to regulate heat, but not as the "measuring device" for the living room?

A radiator valve is in a confined space where it could be a "heat pocket". When I eventually replace it with Tado, the smart knob might measure a higher temperature than the actual temperature in the living room. I imagine this case because of its close proximity to the radiator and being mounted under a windowsill.

So, the question is, how do I make Tado knobs do their work only by shutting off heat to the living room when heat is only requested from another room?

An example use case is when I work from home, I do not need to heat the living room. Heating is only necessary in the office room.

Thank you in your advance, for your time and support!

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Can’t help with the first part, but for the second you just make the Tado trvs zone controller independent, which means they can’t call for heat but can still cut heat demand when another room is calling for heat.
  • shaakunthala
    Options

Thanks for your reply. In the meantime, I did a little experiment by virtually moving a Tado knob from another room to the living room (but while Tado knob was still physically present in that room).

Only after I did that I saw a "measuring device" setting - which is the wall-mounted thermostat). So I think the second part is clear now.