Estimated heating consumption

Options

The estimates for my heating consumption are very high and I don't understand why. For December the estimate was £27,817.93; for January, £20,575.85; for February, £16,000.39; and for March, £1311.62. Even allowing for energy companies ripping us off and the Government not doing enough to rein them in, this is still outrageously high. And obviously wrong. But at least they're coming down! I'm assuming that, as time goes on and more data are acquired, estimates will improve and be more realistic, and more useful.

Best Answer

• BridgeSide
    Answer ✓
    Options

Maybe you have the wrong Energy Tariff entered?

Go to Home then Energy IQ then "add energy tariffs" at the bottom of that screen.

You need to have something in the region of 10p/kWh (not £1).

Answers

• johntippins
    Options

You're right. I had entered e.g. 16.38, which is p/kWh, as that's what the heating bill says, not noticing that tado only has the facility, as far as I can see, to enter unit cost as £/kWh. However, I don't see 'add energy tariff' on the Energy IQ page of the home screen, only on the settings window.

Thanks

• BridgeSide
    Options

I've updated to the latest version of (Android) app and it seems a bit different than I recall.

The units are £/m3 as default but can be changed to £/kWh.

The (what was blue) bit to tap is (grey and) at the bottom of the screen, before scrolling. It says (on mine) "your data has been included ..." If you tap that, you'll get to another screen with "Energy Tariff". Tap that and then "Add Energy Tariff" (in blue). Now you can enter the tariff and dates it applies for but note that the price is in £ (- in anticipation of rising prices ?-). Once you've done all that, don't forget to tap "save"!

Wouldn't it be nice to have some kind of user guide?

I hope I've got it all right - and that it's of help to you !

I'm now on V7.18.0