Radiator won't heat up to max temperature with Smart Thermostat

Options

Hello everyone! I need some help. I just bought the Smart Radiator Thermostat and installed it yesterday. The problem is that the radiator is not heating up to its maximum temperature. Before installing the smart thermostat, the radiator works perfectly fine and heats up to its max. But as soon as I mount the smart thermostat, the radiator warms up, but doesn't heat up. I have tried dismounting and restarting the device (removing batteries) and it is still not working. It will only become warm, but not hot. Is there any suggestions that you can share with me? Has anyone had the same problem?

Thank you!

Answers

• paul0000
    paul0000 ✭✭✭
    Options

Yep, I've been noticing this for a while now. I'm not buying any more SRV's and 4 radiators in the house without them (and 14 with). Those without tado SRV's get much hotter.

I was chatting with my plumber on this the other day - he thinks because of the way the SRV's sit on the valve they are unable to allow the pin to fully open. He said he's seen similar issues with other brand SRV's also.

It makes sense, but none of the additional radiator connectors that come with the SRV's will help solve that for me and mine do seem to fit without issues, the SRV slides into the mount without having to apply pressure.

My other guess is the firmware on the SRV is keeping the valve from opening fully for whatever reason.

• srichards
    Options

If it is screwing the valve down too far then you unscrew the tado slightly. I have done that with mine. Also if they are set at independent they open the radiators up far more than if they can call for heat. Being thwarted seems to lead them to open more and behave more like the normal TRVs and they work far better than when they're trying to be too clever.