Heating

I have smart thermostats on all my radiators however whenever I turn the living room radiator on, one bedroom radiator heats up even though that thermostat is turned off. I have tried the usual steps like re-calibrating and swapping thermostats but the problem remains. The bedroom thermostat shows as off but still heats up when the living room is on. Any suggestions please?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    I would guess that radiator trv pin isn’t being pushed down by the tado srv head. You might need to use an adaptor.
  • Thanks but that's not the problem. The bedroom radiator heats up on its own when the living room radiator is off, but if the living room radiator is on both radiators heat even when the bedroom thermostat is turned off.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Yes, so nothing is stopping the bedroom radiator from heating up - the Tado srv head isn’t pushing the pin down to prevent the flow of water into the radiator by the sound of it.
  • No it's not the pin that is operating perfectly. But the radiator still heats up when the pin is fully shut and when I turn the living room radiator on.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    If the pin is fully pushed down and the radiator is still heating up, that’s a problem with the valve. Have you tried the radiator with a manual trv and seeing if it works then?
  • Yes I put the original thermostat back on the bedroom radiator and it still heats up when the living room radiator is on. Maybe a plumbing problem?
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Definitely sounds like it. I would get a professional to have a look at it.