1/3 tado smart thermostats drains battery

Options
Hi. We got three thermostats at home. Two are in the upstairs living room and one in the basement. I bought them all a half year ago, and since than i had to replace the battery in the basement 4 times, while just one time for one of the thermostats in the main living room. They are all set on the same temperature, the only difference is that the two upstairs are controlled by the Tado Smart thermostat.

Is there something wrong with the one in the basement?

Answers

• wateroakley
    Options

Could you swap it with one of the other two and see what happens? The next option is returning the TRV for a warranty replacement?

FYI. We have one TRV of 24 that eats batteries. Having swapped the TRV between homes, located it adjacent to the bridge, it still ate batteries every few weeks. We now use it in an easy to access location, with rechargeable batteries.

One other TRV had a spate of sending false battery email warnings, which I ignore until the app tells me the battery is low.

• davidlyall
    Options

Definitely try swapping the basement TRV with one of the others to see if the problem is with the TRV or the location

If it's location then look at where the bridge located, how far it is from the basement TRV and how many walls, floors etc the signal might have to travel through. The more there is, the more power the transmitter will need to use.

You could try moving the bridge so it's directly above the basement where the TRV is located. Powerline ethernet adapters are useful for this and don't cost too much