Humidity accuracy

Options
How accurate do you think the humidity sensor is? My spare bedroom, with good airflow, no mould and at room temperature reached a humidity level of 71% whilst my bathroom, which I had showered in shortly before, only reached 67% even with the shower on. I feel like the sensors are pretty far off.

Best Answer

Answers

• Ojt
    Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. I purchased some other humidity sensors and placed them next to the Tado devices to do some testing. It looks like Tado devices are generally off by around 8% (higher). So while most of my rooms are being logged as around 65-70% humid, the other devices are all saying it's more like 57-62%. And as all radiators are next to a window I suspect the center of the room is a little lower still.

• Gazab
    Options
    Agreed, mine read high too by about 8-10% relative to two other independent devices. What do Tado say about this?
  • Nellypecker
    Options
    I’m having the same issue, tado states my house is very humid and sometimes it shows 75% and having a risk of mould. Is there any way this % can be calibrated back to what it should be. I too will get a secondary humidity monitor and see what it says but after reading this I’m sure it will be out by roughly the same amount.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@Nellypecker It doesn't measure humidity rather does it measure Relative Humidity i.e. relative to temperature and that temp measurement is coming from the 'less than accurate!!' tado devices attached to your radiators. You can mess about with temp offset with some minor success and many have improved the situation by using elbow extenders on the rads to reduce the amount of heat hitting the TRVs but that's your lot I'm afraid.

• Nellypecker
    Options
    I only have the room stat and don’t have any tado rad valves, so what your saying is if I change the variable temperature +or - then my relative humidity will change. I’m going to get a different humidity sensor and see what happens.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

Answer is Yes! In the app, go to Rooms & Devices then select the Room. Just below halfway down there is Temp Offset facility, the limitation of which is that it uses a finite value at a particular temperature rather than a percentage offset which would be more accurate.