Help with power supply of EU receiver to WB Greenstar 38cdi Classic

Options

Dear all,

I have replaced my existing Tado UK wireless receiver with a EU one.

This is my original connection inside the boiler.

I have moved this cable near B B connection and plugged in LR (black cable) and Ls (grey/brown mixed) in to individual B and B connection.

Additionally I have put a link between LR and Ls. There is no wire going into N.

On the EU receiver end, I have 4 individual wires - i have connected black and grey to + and - connection of the receiver.

This resulted in wireless receiver not powering up. So I have plugged in the Tado supplied EU plug cables in to N and S and connected to an external socket for time being.

As far as I can see, It is all linked up and working with HT-Bus connection and boiler modulating. Additionally i have range rated the boiler down to 35% and heating water temp dial is set to 4.5.

I want to remove the EU plug that I have had to connect and ideally get the boiler to supply the power. But, I am not sure how to achieve this so your help would be much appreciated.

i.e do i need to run a new cable from LS and Ns in to EU wireless receiver for power - in that case do i keep the link between LR and LS?

Below is wiring diagram of the boiler.

Comments

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Options

Ls and Ns will do for powering it.

Some boilers require demand to be called using Ls and Lr when using digital control.

• igottado
    Options
    Thank you! , should I keep the link as is between LS and LR? I built the link based on older posts but I am not sure what it does.
  • Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Options

As I just said, it creates a call for heat.

Keep it if you need it, otherwise remove.