With the warmer weather/summer coming how are we adjusting settings

Options

Hi just wondered how to set up Tado with the summer coming, turn heating off on combi to water only, adjust smart schedule, gradually adjust the app settings?

Thanks

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm afraid I am much more 'basic' than any of your suggestions! I just go into permanent Away mode for a few months.

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Options

I don’t do anything.

• Phillip_PAL
    Options
    I do nothing, when it's warmer the heating simply doesn't come on as its already above your scheduled temperature?

Then if there is a cold morning it comes on for a bit - that's the whole point of it if you have it scheduled surely?

If you can be cooler in summer then surely it would be more cost effective to be equally cooler in winter rather than heating unnecessarily when its harder to attain that higher temperature.
  • royi
    royi ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

I have scheduled days Mon - Sun and switched the heating off and have scheduled the hot water as normal as I have a separate water tank. Since you have a combi, manual operate the hot water.

It would be interesting to see how much I'll be saving (%).

• paul0000
    paul0000 ✭✭✭
    Options

We're manually turning off in the daytime for now. Old stone house and letting the air run through (doors/windows open) is great, but plays havoc with the tado SRV temp sensors. Whilst they read 14c it doesn't feel 14c. We turn back on in the evening.

Few more weeks and will probably turn all SRV's off 24x7.

First summer coming up with solar panels so hoping we can also turn off the hot water heating from the oil boiler.