Newly installed smart TRV doesn't seem to be calling heat

Options

Hi all,

First time post on here so please be gentle.

Our house currently has 2 wired smart thermostats and I have just invested in a smart TRV to keep one room upstairs warm whilst the better half is working from home. However, since installing the TRV..... it doesn't seem to be calling any heat!!

If I change the zone controller for the TRV to use our upstairs controller then all radiators come on including the the one where the TRV is installed which kind of defeats the object for me - I simply just want the radiator on where the TRV is.

Is there something really obvious that I'm missing?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    All the radiators without Tado trvs will also come on in the zone where the trv is when the trv calls for heat unless there’s something preventing that - either a smart or a dumb trv.
  • davidlyall
    Options

As @johnnyp78 says, all the radiators in that zone will come on as the wired thermostat that is the zone controller will very likely be connected to a zone valve that is opening for the upstairs when the Tado TRV wants heat.

You're going to need to install Tado TRVs on all radiators in that zone to achieve what you want to do