Central Heating Not Working (but Hot Water Is)

Options

Hopefully someone can help with this really frustrating problem. I’ve installed my Tado this weekend and the hot water works perfectly (firing up the boiler) but I can’t get the central heating to work. When I switch the central heating on from my phone (or from the Temp Sensor) it illuminates the white LED on the Wireless Receiver (to show the central heating is on) and there’s a noise from the boiler but it doesn’t fire up. Meanwhile my phone and Temp Sensor will now show that the central heating is on, but it isn’t.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Some background info, my Tado is the “Starter Kit V3+ Wireless Smart Thermostat, incl Programmer with Hot Water Control”.  I’ve wired up the Wireless Receiver in accordance with the instructions to replace my old “Drayton Lifestyle LP241” which worked perfectly.

Answers

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Options

Stick up some photos.

• TadoProb3
    Options
    I think I may have figured it out. I have checked my "Configuration" which was set to green but I changed it to blue (for gravity fed systems) and it seems to be working.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It’s very unlikely you have a gravity fed system. If you use that configuration you won’t be able to have heating and hot water on separately. Sounds more like a wiring issue.
  • TadoProb3
    Options

Yes, it turns out it is a gravity fed system. Here's a photo of the back of the old controller with the switch selected to Gravity. I was always able to have hot water without the central heating on. When the central heating is on I always get hot water as a bi-product. Since configuring my Tado to "Blue" it works exactly the same way.