Do I need the Smart Wired Thermostat?

Options

Hi there

I have a Tado White Smart TRV Head 4 Pack and Tado V3+ Smart Wired Heating Thermostat Starter Kit

I've just fitted the TRVs and I've already got a Honeywell Thermostat, so I wasn't sure if I needed to use the Tado Wired Thermostat at all? The TRVs already have thermostats, so I was a bit confused what I'd need it for, apart from the WIFI hub connector

Thanks

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

The radiator thermostats by themselves cannot start/stop your boiler. If you want the smart TRVs to call for heat, then you will need to replace the Honeywell thermostat with the Tado wired thermostat.

• tadouser9
    Options

Thanks, so the V3+ Smart Wired Heating Thermostat can double as a wireless room thermostat, or a wired-the-the-boiler thermostat?

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

The Wired thermostat operates both wirelessly and wired, but in wireless mode it will only talk to other Tado devices. So it won't communicate to the Honeywell wireless receiver on the wall in your picture. You would need to purchase a Tado Wireless Receiver if you wanted to replace the Honeywell receiver.