Installation without Internet

Options

Our new house will not have internet for a few week, and I would like to setup a tado Starter Kit V3+ system with wireless smart thermostat before internet arrives, just to have a thermostat in the house to control the boiler. Is this possible?

Best Answer

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not possible. You need access to the cloud servers to configure the devices. If the interface to your new boiler is the same as your current boiler, then you could setup the system in your current home. The devices will configure and download the latest firmware, then you can power them down and take them to your new home. The devices won't know they've moved location, so you'll be able to use manual controls until the internet is available.

Answers

• henrivk
    Options
    Thanks a lot. I am not certain if the boilers have the same interface so I suppose I just better wait for the internet to arrive. Or would there be an easy way to reset tado if the interfaces differ and I need the devices reconfigure?
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You can use the Tado pro app but I think you’re better off waiting.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@henrivk You can, of course, buy mifi devices with an ethernet port which can be very useful if your broadband is a tad flaky!

• henrivk
    Options

Thank you all very much for your useful comments and suggestions.