What to if wifi goes down?

Options

Hi,

We have just installed Tado Wireless Receiver. We wanted to test what happens if our wifi goes down and we need to turn on/off the water or heating. We were sent instructions by Tado which were supposed to tell us how to do this but they don't work for us.

Has any one succeeded in turning on/off the heating or water if the wifi goes down and how did you do it?!

Thanks!

luiza

Best Answers

• what_a_tado
    what_a_tado ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If the Wi-Fi goes down you can operate the controls on your devices manually as per the attached support article.

• Luia
    Luia
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks so much. I now see that when I tested the system by turning my wifi off, I also turned off the bridge. But this time I left the bridge connected and everything seems to be working. Which is a great relief! Thanks for your help.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Luia Yes but if you left the bridge connected you were not emulating a total loss of comms by your ISP. If you lose internet connection, you lose all automation through schedule etc and have to arise at 'sparrow fart minus' to turn on the radiators etc!!

• Luia
    Luia
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Sam. We shut the electrics to the router but left the bridge separately connected to the electrics. That seemed to enable us to continue to use the tmperature sensor to turn on/off the hot water and heating - which is all we wanted to check in the event of our wifi having an issue. I understand, assuming 'sparrow fart minus' means getting up early (?!) that this would be necessary should the above happen.

Yesterday we couldn't find any way to turn the water/heating on/off but we realised we had completely disconnected both the bridge and router.

Now it appears to be possible wit the bridge still plugged in.

Hopefully you agree!

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The tado° bridge can remain powered on as long as you disconnect it or disable the WAN port on your router. In the event of an ISP outage, your local devices won't be switched off, they just won't be able to connect to the Internet.

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Luia

I think you're missing the point here.

• Mya
    Options
    Why when I go to read instructions here it says nit in English!!! I had my heating on today for 1 hour turned it off by the app it said off but then noticed from the receiver that it was on, and warning triangle light was on, even tho the app and wireless sensor said off, had to reconnect bridge again then all lights were normal and heating didn't come in again by itself, this worries me that I could not turn off heating manually