Is it possible to use a separate sensor for the Smart AC?

Options
Background: I have both the heating thermostat and the Smart AC. The thermostat comes with a separate temperature sensor that I placed in the bedroom, since that is the room where I want to control the temperature.

The AC unit is placed in a hallway not directly kn the bedroom, because I don't want the cold air blowing directly when I sleep.

Since the AC controller needs a direct line to the AC unit, the cold air blows directly into the Smart AC, which means the temperature read by the Smart AC unit is sensible smaller than the one in the bedroom.

Is it possible to use the temperature sensor to control the Smart AC?

The topics I read here suggest the answer is "no", but it sounds stupid, so I am hoping there's something I'm missing... I mean, it's supposed to be a smart system, and it would be nromal to be able to interconnect them.

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as I know they’re two completely independent systems. Tado smart thermostats don’t have infra red transmitters so I don’t see any way they could control an ac system.
  • absro
    Options
    I don't mean use the thermostat to control the AC.

What I mean was use the Smart AC, but instead of using it's internal temperature sensor, use the one connected to the Smart thermostat, which gives more realistic temperatures for me.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I still don’t think it would be possible, as far as I know the two systems are completely separate.
  • absro
    Options
    Thanks, that is what I was afraid of.

I purchased the Smart AC through their crowd funding back in 2015 I think, and stopped using it because it wasn't smart at all.

Now I tried to restart using it, but it seems they still aren't able to solve the basic issues.

I mean, both are their products and both are available in the tado app. They both communicate with their servers. How hard would it be to interconnect them on their servers?

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.