Tado V3+ and Vaillant Ebus

Options
Hi, I currently have a Tado V3+ wired starter kit coupled with Tado smart TRV's. I'm about to replace my boiler, will Tado modulate a Vaillant Ecotec Plus? Or am I better to stick with a pure Opentherm boiler like a Baxi or Viessman?

Answers

• AntCW
    Options

It should if your boiler is combi. It might not be straightforward if yours is a system or heat only. This is not eBus vs OpenTherm , more of what system you have and how it has been set up.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I don’t think that’s quite right. If the boiler is a combi with Opentherm Tado usually supports it, but it doesn’t support all combis with proprietary ebus protocols, so it is ebus vs Opentherm.
  • mindstorm
    Options

Mine is a Vaillant Ecotec 835 and modulates happily. Don't forget to set the thermostat accordingly. There's a good thread https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/5707#Comment_5707

• Dubcartel
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your replies. I did go for a Vaillant Combi boiler, I installed the new Ecotec Plus 832 in July and connected Tado V3+ wired to it. I can say that it works perfectly, during this recent spell of cooler weather I've seen the boiler modulate as low as 11% (minimum modulation on 832 at 1:9) and flow temps down as low as 36 degrees. It was simple to wire it up using the Ebus +/- terminals at the boiler and Tado thermostat.