Underfloor & Radiators - Urgent help please :(

Options

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance for any help, it really is appreciated.

So I current have a Tado V3+ starter kit, which is used to control the central heating in the house. We are undergoing an extension and we are adding underfloor heating to the extension. Ideally I would like to stick with Tado as we've got used to the functionality and have it working great for us.

So looking at buying a kit online, which comes with a Grundfos pump.

Please correct me if I am wrong here as I keep trying to get my head around this.

We will be using a 2 port motorised valve to split the central heating and underfloor heating to run independently.

Purchase a wired add on smart Tado thermostat, which will wire to the motor(?),

No need for a wiring centre as there will only be one zone for the underfloor heating, and only the one thermostat.

The wired smart thermostat, can this then be controlled in the Tado app separate to the radiators? Or is the wired thermostat controlled only from the wired thermostat itself?

I assume the wiring from the wired smart thermostat will go into the motor itself, and no need for additional wiring from the wired smart thermostat to the boiler itself?

Any help / advise is much appreciated, sorry for the urgent request as the installer assumed we were going to run Heatmiser and leave tado for the rads which isn't what we wanted.. & they're not too sure on Tado's set up.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Have a look at scenario 1. https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3487152-how-does-tado-control-multiroom-heating-setups-with-a-combination-of-radiators-and-water-based-underfloor-heating

Tado devices are controlled on a room basis so you would create a room for the ufh and put the wired thermostat in it. As you assumed, it’s wired to the zone valve.