Tado v3+ - OpenTherm - Vaillant ecoTEC exclusive hot water temperature control

Options

In my Tado v3+ - OpenTherm - Vaillant ecoTEC exclusive VHR 25/36CF/1-7 setup - when Tado changes hot water temperature, the boiler still shows temperature installed manually on the boiler itself.

It looks like temperature control from Tado does work - I see that it takes much longer until water becomes hot at night when hot water is set to Off by Tado. So Tado control works, but it's a bit confusing that requested hot water temperature is not updated on the boiler's display.

I understand it could be an issue on the boiler side, but maybe there is way around that?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it a combi boiler? On my ideal boiler, connected via opentherm, I can see the hot water temp is different when I check the flow temp. There may be a way of doing this on yours. If I set the hot water temp on Tado to off, it reverts control to the boiler.
  • yolkhovyy
    Options

yes, it's a combi boiler, from your remark I preliminary conclude that the boiler's hot water temperature setting has higher priority than Opentherm - will try to switch it off,😀 then we'll see 😀

• yolkhovyy
    Options

Unfortunately it is not possible to switch off hot water on the boiler, could not find it. There is only one place where one can set hot water temperature between 35 and 65 degrees, no complete off.

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I’m not familiar with your boiler but there might be a ‘state of inputs’ option on the boiler menu where you can see the hot water flow temp. If you can and it’s what you’ve set on the app, it should be fine.