How to increase hot water temperature

Options
My Tado wireless unit is newly installed. I am only getting lukewarm water from the hot water system. How to I get it back to the right temp (about 60 C)

Answers

• CliveB
    Options
    It is a fully pumped system with cylinder.
  • CliveB
    Options
    I cannot find any temp control setting for hot water in the app, and I don't believe the boiler or other system settings have changed.
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

The Tado app does not have a 'temperature' control, only 'on' or 'off' from Tado app Hot Water schedule. The HW cylinder stat measures the HW cylinder temperature to 'call for heat'.

Are you able to use the HW test mode on the wireless receiver? When the Tado app calls for heat: does the HW light come 'ON' on the wireless receiver, with a 'click' ? (from the app, this can take up to a minute or so).

Otherwise, your problem sounds like a mis-wiring issue. To help further, you'll need to provide details of your system and photos of the wiring, preferably before and after.

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@CliveB, can you provide full details of your system (boiler, tank, tado items, relay/opentherm etc) as this will help the forum to help you as there may be other folk with the same setup

@wateroakley, I believe if the OP has an Opentherm connection then it is possible to set the output temp of the HW via the app. I'm not 100% as I'm using relay connections but I'm sure I've seen other posts that alluded to that functionality

However, based on it having a HW cylinder, maybe it's as simple as the cylinder thermostat having been accidentally turned down?

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It won’t be an Opentherm connection if it’s a system boiler. Sounds more like a wiring issue to me too, though it’s impossible to say without more information.