HomeAssistant entity control features missing after upgraded the tado firmware.

Options

HomeAssistant entity control features missing after upgraded the tado firmware.

Before:

Tado: Firmware: 59.6

-------------------

After:

Tado: Firmware: 118.3

After upgrading the Tado firmware, at Tado have a new feature of my ac: swag and it is working well. But At home assistant and HomeKit, all the control (Fan mode: small, middle, large auto) and Swag Mode , all the features are missing, except only one can control ac mode.

Answers

• MichielTado
    Options

It was, and still is, not possible to set the AC horizontal/vertical swing of vanes within Homekit. Same with the ventilator speed, which you cannot set within homekit.

I know of a brand Mysa which works around the ventilator speed homekit limitations by declaring the AC as two different devices. Tado decided not to implement this workaround.

• Horace
    Options

Hello Michael. Then how about home assistant? Can Tado expose the features to home assistant by using the home assistant 's tado cloud integration component? Before update the Tado firmware, the fan mode is working well, after update the Tado firmware, tado app has a new feature of swing, but both swing and fan mode(working in home assistant well before), is missing in home assistant @MichielTado

• MichielTado
    Options

I am not a home assistant expert. But I would say, yes Tado can expose the features via the Tado cloud. Maybe the features are still exposed, only in a different way and the Home assistant script needs to be changed. Or maybe Tado revoked access…

• Horace
    Options

@MichielTado

Can your Tado company's IT technician engineer help to solve this problem? really affect the use...Many Thanksssss