Turn on heating without opening any SRVs

Options

Hello all,

I have Tado SRVs on all radiators in my home except for the two rads in the bathrooms wihch are always open. So whenever any SRV calls for heat, the bathroom rads also get heat. That's all fine and working as I want it to.

I wanted to know if there's any way to turn the heating on so the bathroom rads get heat without opening any of the other SRVs? I do have a wireless thermostat, but it's paired with the SRV in the living room.

Would a second Wireless Thermostat allocated to a hypothetical "bathrooms" room in the app mean I could use that to call for heat and get the boiler heating the always open bathroom rads without without having to involve any of the SRVs, and therefore not heating any other rooms? I don't intend to add SRVs to the bathroom rads.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Seems like it would work to me. A wireless temperature sensor would do the job, or put an srv in the bathroom without attaching it to the rad.
  • TheAlderman
    Options

Sounds good, thanks!

I did think about an SRV, which would be cheaper, but I think I'd constantly have a mounting error in the app which would irritate me enough that I think I'd rather just go with a thermostat.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Just be aware that wireless temp sensors are cheaper than smart thermostats, unless you need the wired connections that smart thermos have.