Tado Bridge V2 without PIN code, how to retrieve it?

Options

Hello, I just bought a second hand V2 Bridge on ebay but it came without the sticker containing the serial number and PIN and the QR code.

The seller says he doesn't remember ever having a sticker on it but he contacted Tado which were unwilling/unable to share the PIN code; they suggested he shared his email and password with me (which he did) so I can turn his account into mine (I can change the email and password).

However, there is the risk of accidentally removing the bridge from the home and not being able to add it back.

Does anyone know of a way to retrieve the PIN code? (Serial number is visible in the app but not the PIN)

Comments

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Options

Most manufacturers do not store copies of your HomeKit codes for security reasons, but a few - such as Meross and Fibaro - do.

If the manufacturer does keep code copies, you may need to provide a serial number or Mac address. And in extreme cases, you may need to send your device to the manufacturer for verification.

Not sure if this is worth the hassle, give it a try!

https://homepass.app/ can help in future (iOS)

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@rafm5 Hope I am not being rude but have you answered the wrong question here?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Looks like the right answer to me, unless I’m missing something?
  • Didndkx
    Options
    Defined not the right answer
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to an Apple HK code, although the old Internet Bridge devices do not seem to support Apple HK.

In any case, it seems to be up to tado° to decide whether to help or not :-(